The KÜHL AIRSTORM™ JACKET is a robust, high performance rain jacket made with waterproof/breathable fabric that boasts a 20K waterproof rating, 16K water vapor transportation, and a 2.5 layer 15 micron thick hydrophilic PU laminate.
The fabric is woven for mechanical stretch and strength. Spacer mesh inserts at the draft flap, inside hood and inside yoke create airflow, and the 2KÜHL zipper system allows airflow but can also zip closed. All seams have been fully sealed with matching tape for a clean interior. The Velcro cuff closures seal out cold and wet, and YKK zippers are water resistant.
The AIRSTORM JACKET features bottom hem cord adjustments for a custom fit, and KÜHL's signature hood has front and back adjustments. The 5-panel sleeve design provides an ergonomic fit and freedom of movement. Custom KÜHL reflective ribbon at the inside draft flap and inside pockets provide better visibility.
- Fabric: main body: 100% Nylon 2.5L DWR (20k/16k) | 3.5 oz/sq. yd; 120 GSM
- Fabric 2: 100% Polyester Spacer Mesh | 4.1 oz/sq. yd; 140 GSM
- Mechanical stretch Nylon waterproof/ breathable (20k/16k)
- 2.5L hydrophilic laminate, 15 microns thick
- 2KÜHL zipper system to allow airflow at center front draft flap but also can zip closed
- YKK water resistant zippers
- Fully seam sealed with matching tape for clean interior
- Bottom hem cord adjustments at inside hand pockets
- 5-panel sleeve design for an ergonomic fit
- Custom reflective ribbon at draft flap and inside pockets
- KÜHL signature hood with front and back adjustments
- Spacer mesh inserts at draft flap, inside yoke and inside top hood to create airflow
- Velcro cuff closures
KÜHL® User Reviews
I recently hiked into the jungles of Papua, Indonesia to get to a mountain known as Carstensz Pyramid. This tropical and remote area of the world is known for rain...everyday...all the time so I took my Kuhl eKomi and was able to use it in not just the jungle, but the rainforest and even the summit of the 16k foot peak. It breathes well and also protects well even against a downpour or hail storm. Plus a bonus is Kuhl's hoods on their jackets. They have to have the best hoods in the game currently.
Posted by Tommy Danger on April 25th 2017
Independent Reviews by eKomi0 Total Reviews
There are no eKomi reviews yet for this item.