We spent more than a year developing the KÜHL FIRESTORM™ DOWN JACKET to deliver the pinnacle of innovation and design. The FIRESTORM SERIES combines unique fabrics, precision design, and thermal body mapping to deliver technical performance and unparalleled style.
Four unique fabrics differentiate the FIRESTORM SERIES, and each fabric is engineered for a specific purpose. The shell is constructed of lightweight, 20 denier nylon with DWR and high tear strength. The 2-layer wool overlay at the front and top sleeves enhances water resistance and breathability, while the DWR softshell yoke adds durability. The ethically sourced (non-force-fed/not ‘live-plucked’) 800-fill goose down insulation provides a superior warmth-to-weight ratio.
Built with different sized baffles, the FIRESTORM DOWN JACKET boasts superior warmth where you need it. Larger baffles at the front, back and sleeves provide more warmth, while smaller baffles at the sides reduce bulk.
The FIRESTORM DOWN JACKET features water resistant center front and pocket zippers. With soft hard warmer pockets, two zippered chest pockets, a left inside zippered pocket and inside mesh pockets for easy accessibility, the FIRESTORM SERIES boasts abundant, secure storage. Extended inner cuffs with KÜHL signature thumb loops seal out cold.
- Fabric 1: main body: 100 % Nylon DWR | 1.1 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 50% Wool, 50% Polyester DWR finish 20k, 25k, 2-Layer | 4.1 oz/sq. yd; 140 GSM
- Fabric 3: 88 % Nylon, 12% Spandex DWR |5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Body Lining: 100 % Nylon | 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Insulation: 100% Certified 800-fill Goose Down
- Lightweight, 20-denier, high tear strength Nylon body fabric with DWR
- DWR softshell yoke for added durability
- Fully insulated with 800-fill goose down (non-live-plucked, non-force-fed)
- Extended knit cuffs with KÜHL signature thumb loops
- Approximate Down quantity (size large): 310 G | 10.9 OZ
- Approximate garment weight (size large): 671 G | 23.7 OZ
- 2-Layer Wool overlay at front and top sleeves for water resistance and breathability
- Larger baffles at front, back and sleeves for more warmth
- Smaller baffles at side body for less bulk
- Water resistant center front and pocket zippers
- Soft hand warmer pockets
- Left inside zippered pocket
- Inside mesh pockets for easy accessibility and larger storage
KÜHL® User Reviews
I was on the hunt for a warm, Chicago-capable, insulated / down jacket (below 30 degrees) . . . but not puffy. Narrowed it down to Arcteryx Koda ($449) and Northface Thermoball Trench ($279). Went into REI and saw the Kuhl Firestorm ($449). Pretty easy decision. It is warmer than the other two and visually more unique and appealing in its use of fabrics. And . . . not puffy. I got a small (5'9; 165 lbs) - fits perfectly. I'll report back after it gets really cold!
Posted by M on December 10th 2016
Independent Reviews by eKomi1 Total Reviews
very good cold weather jacket