One look at the KÜHL SPYFIRE® HOODY and you realize it's different by design, construction and features than any other down sweater that has come before it. The SPYFIRE SERIES combines unique fabrics, precision design, and thermal body mapping to deliver technical performance and unparalleled style.
Three unique fabrics differentiate the SPYFIRE SERIES, and each fabric is engineered for a specific purpose. The water resistant and windproof shell is sourced from a superior Japanese mill that uses a 20 denier, 24 high filament nylon fabric for a softer feel and higher tear strength. The yarn is woven into an extremely tight weave that’s dense enough to increase the down proof-ness and tear strength. Strategically placed self-overlay on body front and sleeves provides extra protection from the elements.
The soft shell reinforced fabric on the shoulders allows you to carry skis or equipment with sharp edges that would shred any ordinary down sweater. Lightweight underarm knit panels allow heat to escape for better climate control and comfort in a wide range of temperatures. The responsibly sourced (non-force-fed/not ‘live-plucked’) 800-fill goose down provides a superior warmth-to-weight ratio.
The SPYFIRE HOODY features 2 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zip pocket on the sleeve, and an inside mesh pocket. Custom reflective ribbon below the zippers prevents snags and increases visibility in the dark.
Built with different sized baffles, the SPYFIRE HOODY boasts superior warmth where you need it. The thinner, sized-down baffles on the inside underarm panels provide a contoured fit and reduce bulk for better layering under a heavier shell. The precision 3D fit naturally follows your body’s shape, and the intricate construction eliminates binding typically found on the inside seams of jackets.
- Fabric 1: 100% Nylon DWR | 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex | 5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Fabric 3: 100% Nylon ripstop | 1.03 oz/sq. yd; 35 GSM
- Fabric Insulation: 100% 800 fill goose down
- Water resistant and windproof 20D, 24 high filament nylon shell for soft hand and high tear strength
Designed with a 3D brim and multiple adjustments on both the opening and the rear hatband, the signature 5-panel hood provides a custom fit for superior comfort and warmth. When you don’t need it, the hood lays flat.
- The soft shell reinforced fabric on the shoulders allows you to carry skis or equipment with sharp edges.
- The back cinch allows you to customize the fit
- Signature 5-panel hood features 3D brim and multiple adjustments for custom fit, comfort and warmth; lays flat when not in use
- Softshell reinforced shoulders
Reflective Zipper Tape serves 2 functions:
- It prevents the zippers from catching on the ultra-fine nylon fabric
- When left open, the reflective yarn on the ribbon creates added visibility.
LIGHTWEIGHT UNDERARM KNIT PANELS allow heat to escape for better climate control and comfort in a wide range of temperatures.
2 ZIPPERED CHEST POCKETS designed for easy access w/ backpack straps
2 ZIPPERED HAND POCKETS to secure your gear.
1 INSIDE MESH POCKET giving you plenty of options for storing your essentials.