2017 KÜHL Holiday Gift Guide
From Africa to the Alps, Canada to Croatia, and Jordan to Jamaica, our ambassadors have traveled near and far to test our apparel. In our Holiday Gift Guide, they share their top picks for the mountain-loving, adventure-seeking friends and family in your life.
2017 KÜHL Holiday Gift Guide
1. Firefly Hoody ($220) – For the second year in a row, the Firefly makes our list as the top insulating layer or standalone jacket. Engineered for high intensity activity, the innovative Firefly Hoody boasts greater freedom of movement, temperature regulation, and stability (it won’t shift while you move!). Axle Ethington (pictured above) loves the versatility of the lightweight, packable Firefly Hood; Claudia Tavani and Danielle Cemprola and couldn’t agree more:
If you’re looking for a lightweight puffy jacket that is big on warmth and small on size, look no further than the Firefly Hoody. I love this jacket because it packs down small, making it perfect for backpacking, but it will certainly keep you warm! From New Zealand to Southern Africa to the Alps, the Firefly Hoody is the perfect travel companion! ~ Danielle Cemprola
Claudia depended on the Firefly Hoody on her treks to Sicily’s very active volcanoes.
2. Kanvus Jean ($75) – KÜHL developed its own long staple combed cotton, double twisted yarn to create a stronger, softer, and stretchier canvas. Without any restriction to your mobility, you can climb, boulder and drop moves that would make Bruce Lee proud.
The Kanvus Jean is my favorite go-to climbing and everyday pant. It has everything – good durability, stretch, and weight. ~ Anthony Johnson
3. Inspiratr Ankle Zip ($80) – Stretch fabric, detailed stitching, and ankle zippers take this hiking pant to a whole new level. Get inspired and get outside in the stylish, skinny Inspiratr Ankle Zip Pant.
The Inspiratr Pant is also available in a straight leg.
4. Outrydr Lined Flannel ($120) – Perfect for chilly nights around the campfire, the Outrydr Flannel features a soft fleece body lining for extra warmth and comfort. With hand warmer pockets, quilted sleeve lining for easy on/off, and a generous cut for layering, the Outrydr delivers more than the average flannel.
5. Greta Flannel ($85) – Who says flannel can’t be feminine? Featuring rich colors, a flattering fit, and sophisticated detailing, the Greta Flannel combines stylish design with KÜHL’s legendary performance. This must-have flannel is perfect for day hikes, nights around the campfire, or errands around town.
6. Slackr Pant ($80) – Cut yourself some slack when you ditch the office early to hike the nearest summit. With a front pocket style made for the office and back pockets made for the trails, the Slackr is the perfect all-around pant.
7. W’S Radikl Pant ($89) – Combining ÜBERKÜHL STRETCH™ fabric with nylon/spandex panels, the W’S Radikl Pant delivers technical performance, ultimate mobility, and superior comfort.
The Radikl Pant is great for climbing and hiking. It’s surprisingly durable for the weight, and a very comfortable fit makes it ideal for athletic activities. ~ Kristina Irene
8. Impakt Jacket ($149) – Breathe easy and move freely in this water and wind resistant softshell that shifts from summit to shoreline to social scene.
The Impakt Jacket is by far my favorite softshell. It’s water and wind resistant, yet the fabric is super soft and comfortable. Whether I’m wearing the jacket paragliding, kayaking, or hiking, I never feel exposed to the elements or overheated when my heart rate spikes. ~ Mike Semanoff
9. Lea Pullover ($85) – Another evergreen favorite, the Lea Pullover is stylish, versatile, and comfortable. The lightweight fabric combines warmth and stretch, while DYNAMIK™ stitching reduces bulk and makes layering comfortable and easy.
The Lea Pullover is one of my absolute favorite pieces of apparel. Super soft with a flattering fit, it’s a versatile piece I can wear for outdoor activities or when I go out with friends. As lightweight as it is, the Lea Pullover is extremely warm, and the cowl neck and thumb loops make it even cozier. I highly recommend this pullover for anyone on your list. ~ Holly Semanoff
10. Destroyr Pant ($139) – Featuring revolutionary softshell fabric, the Destroyr Pant delivers peak performance when alpine climbing, mountaineering, skiing, snowboarding, or hiking in the bush. The pants are form fitting and flexible, as well as durable and weather resistant.
The Destroyer pants balance style with outdoor tech and perfectly fit my lifestyle. I can pull off a good look in a casual business environment and be perfectly suited when meetings turn into full blow outdoor excursions. ~ Mike Semanoff
Bonus Pick: Nova Dress ($99) – Wrap yourself in luxurious softness and head-turning style with the Nova Dress. Featuring a cozy cowl neck, soft sweater blend, and raw edge detailing, the Nova Dress effortlessly transitions from work day to date night wow.