Reference: [email protected]
KÜHL is looking for an organized and detail-oriented employee with a positive attitude to add to our Design Team. As a member of the Design Team, you will be expected to work hard to create high-quality and unique products for the Outdoor Industry. Product Developers at KÜHL have ownership over the back end of product creation, working with the mills and factories to take a product from concept to a high-quality finished good that is on time. The Product Developer supports the design vision by contributing technical understanding of garment construction and fit.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicate with fabric mills on all aspects, including lab dip approvals, SMS greige and fabric orders, costing, testing, delivery, and quality.
- Communicate with garment factories throughout the product development process on all aspects, including sample tracking, costing, and quality.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams at Kuhl including the pattern team and marketing team to ensure accuracy of information.
- Build and maintain accurate and detailed tech packs, including bill of materials and construction detail sketches.
- Ensure accuracy of final details such as C&C labels, hangtags, and workbook copy.
- Measure and thoroughly review all samples for correctness and quality.
- Coordinate and participate in fittings with the designer and pattern team.
- Collaborate with the designer on improvements that can be made to quality and construction.
- Apply the seasonal development calendar to ensure samples are on time.
- Understanding of the KÜHL aesthetic and outdoor lifestyle.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of all aspects of garment construction, including seam types, stitch types, thread types, and sewing order of operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator to create and edit tech packs in a neat and tidy way.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop to manipulate photos of garments.
- Able to quickly learn Kuhl’s unique ERP system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design or development related field.
- 2-5 years Product Development experience.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Proactively address and resolve issues.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Natural sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Positive team member philosophy.
- Able to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, high-workload environment.
- Family health insurance provided by KÜHL after 30 days employment.
- On-site gym/workout room with shower facilities.
- Daily gourmet lunches prepared by our private chef.
- Competitive compensation.
- Quarterly discretionary bonus.
- Paid time off.
- Employee discount on all KÜHL products.