One look at the KÜHL W’s SPYFIRE® PARKA and you realize it's different by design, construction and features than any other down sweater that has come before it. The SPYFIRE SERIES combines unique fabrics, precision design, and thermal body mapping to deliver technical performance and unparalleled style.
Three unique fabrics differentiate the SPYFIRE SERIES, and each fabric is engineered for a specific purpose. The water resistant and windproof shell is sourced from a superior Japanese mill that uses a 20 denier, 24 high filament nylon fabric for a softer feel and higher tear strength. The yarn is woven into an extremely tight weave that’s dense enough to increase the down proof-ness and tear strength. Strategically placed self-overlay on body front and sleeves provides extra protection from the elements.
The soft shell reinforced fabric on the shoulders allows you to carry skis or equipment with sharp edges that would shred any ordinary down sweater. Lightweight underarm knit panels allow heat to escape for better climate control and comfort in a wide range of temperatures. The responsibly sourced (non-force-fed/not ‘live-plucked’) 800-fill goose down provides a superior warmth-to-weight ratio.
Designed with a 3D brim and multiple adjustments on both the opening and the rear hatband, the signature 5-panel hood provides a custom fit for superior comfort and warmth. When you don’t need it, the hood lays flat.
The W’s SPYFIRE PARKA features 2 reverse coil hand pockets with custom zipper pulls and an inside mesh pocket. Tested to more than 10K pulls, the Metaluxe™ center front zipper looks like metal at one-third the weight and features ergonomic KÜHL crest zipper pull. Custom reflective ribbon below the zippers prevents snags and increases visibility in the dark. Hitting below the hip, the W’S SPYFIRE PARKA provides full coverage and superior warmth.
The precision 3D fit naturally follows your body’s shape, and the intricate construction eliminates binding typically found on the inside seams of jackets. Built with different sized baffles, the W’s SPYFIRE PARKA boasts superior warmth where you need it. The large baffles at the body front and back provide core warmth, while the smaller baffles on the side panels provide a contoured fit and reduce bulk for better layering under a heavier shell.
- Fabric 1: main body: 100% Nylon DWR | 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex DWR | 5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Fabric Insulation: 100% Goose Down 800-fill
- Approximate Down Qty Size Small: 139 G | 4.9 OZ
- Approximate Garment Weight Size Small: 510 G | 18 OZ
- 800-fill Goose Down (non-live-plucked, non-force-fed)
- Lightweight, 20-denier, high tear strength body fabric
- Unique 4-fabric design with an articulated fit
- Large baffles at body front and back for core warmth
- Smaller baffles at side body and sleeves for less bulk
- DWR softshell yoke overlay for durability
- Center front zipper length: 35” (Falls just above the knee)
- Metaluxe center front zipper with an ergonomic KÜHL crest zipper pull
- Reverse coil hand pockets with custom zipper pulls
- Custom reflective ribbon at draft flap and inside pockets
- Internal stretch cuffs and elastic binding on hood opening
- Stash pocket on sleeve
- Knit underarm gussets for breathability and stretch