The KÜHL LIBERATOR CONVERTIBLE™ PANT redefines the convertible category with performance fabric and features. Cut from DRYPOINT™ fabric, this nylon-rich blend features a touch of Cotton on the face for added breathability and comfort. UPF 40 and super quick dry, DRYPOINT™ provides sun protection and pulls moisture to the surface for speedy evaporation.
Our standard 5-pocket design is combined with 2 zippered thigh pockets, a welt pocket on the left side, and a 3D cell phone pocket on the right side. With a bottom leg zipper for easy on/off, convert to 10.5” inseam shorts by zipping the pant leg off.
- Fabric: 1). DRYPOINT™: 77% Nylon /23% Cotton: combed, peached, super sueded for softness
- Fabric 2). 84% Poly 16% Spandex
- Fabric weight: 4 oz. per sq. yd., 137 GSM
- DWR finish repels moisture
- Pants convert quickly and easily to shorts with leg zippers; zippers won't snag and are hidden from view for a great look
- Shorts inseam length is 10.5 inches
- Zippers disappear into zipper garages for silence
- Rhino Technology© is used in high-mobility areas, such as the back waistband and the knees
- Fabric blend places cotton on the outside and nylon next to skin; soft cotton pulls moisture away from the nylon, bringing it to the surface where it can evaporate
- Standard 5-pocket design combines with 2 zippered thigh pockets, a welt pocket on the left side and a 3D cell phone pocket on the right side to stow all your essentials
- The Kuhl Liberator convertible pants have a gusseted crotch and articulated knees that facilitate freedom of movement for increased comfort
Awarded the 2012 Editor's Choice Award, Backpacker Magazine said, "The Liberator has a trim, mountain-town style that slyly masks the two-in-one design. Mobility-enhancing spandex strips mimic the zipper lines, so they stand out less, and small slots swallow the zipper pulls. And for hikers who say the backcountry is no place to worry about looks - that function always trumps form - don’t worry: The Liberator also packs a best-in-class array of clever technical features."
- Zippered Cuffs to help on off zip off lower leggings
- Double ply cuffs for extra durability
- UPF 40 achieved through mechanically spun yarn
- Easy-care: wash and wear
- Backpackers take note: 32W x 32L weighs 14 oz
KÜHL® User Reviews
You have to keep the Liberator and bring all sizes and colors back!!! Everyone loves these pants. The best you’ve made!!! Favorite Pants of all time!!!!
Posted by BR on February 11th 2018
My favorite pants by far. Pretty tough and dries real quick, please add following to make it better. 1 - flexible waist bank and gusset in waist area like radikl. 2 - area of tougher fabric on the knees butt, and inside leg cuffs
Posted by Richard on December 13th 2017
These have been the best hiking pants that I have ever owned in 30 years of trekking. They have taken a beating through the Grand Canyon R2R2R and many miles of North East trails. They are a 3-season weight fabric. They are so great, I should purchase a second pair as a backup in the closet. The pants are worth every penny. A+++ all the way.
Posted by Jeepin-Paul on December 10th 2017
I've worn these pants climbing 5.11c trad routes in the wind river mountains. They are tough as nails! Also wore them on multi day backpacking trips. Many river crossings and they dried quick and took what I threw at them.
REPLY FROM KÜHL®: We are jealous. You might want to apply to be an Ambassador with us.
Posted by Brokenhand artist on September 04th 2017
Independent Reviews by eKomi258 Total Reviews
Just received my order, a bit pricey, and I use these for leisure travel.
I wear them to go walking
As stated. These are great. Wicks away moisture. Travels great. I have 4 pairs. Will probably purchase more. My favorite pants that had no equal were Royal Robbins 5.11 convertable pants which they don't make anymore. These are just as good. Maybe better.
My husband loves his liberator pants. wears them fro every day but was purchased for an elk hunt. Great pants but wish they were a bit more affordable in pricing.
Perfect fit great quality